Building on a family heritage that spans more than 20 years,?Sharecold is committed to the highest standard of ethical business conduct around the world. This ethical standard is one of the company’s most valuable assets and is a direct result its employees conduct.
Sharecold will conduct all business transactions in a proper, fair, impartial, and ethical manner, avoiding even the appearance of impropriety. We seek customers and partners who share our values and standards of conduct.
We designed our Ethics & Compliance program to promote an organizational culture that encourages ethical conduct, a commitment to the Sharecold’s values, and compliance with the law.
Our colleagues receive basic ethics training, compliance training for the legal risk areas they are likely to encounter in their jobs, and scenario-based training led by their managers. We require colleagues to participate in ethics awareness workshops annually and to complete compliance training as assigned.
“Seemingly ordinary decisions can be irrevocable, so it’s important for us to help our colleagues recognize ethical issues early. It’s also critical that we provide our people a suitable culture and the right mechanisms so that they can raise any ethical concerns without fear of retaliation—and know that their concerns will be taken seriously and handled appropriately.” —?Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Sharecold
We encourage―and expect―Sharecold employees to speak up if they become aware of any unlawful or unethical conduct.
The?Sharecold Ethics HelpLine is a confidential means of communication separate from line management available to employees to discuss any ethics or compliance question or concern.?The HelpLine is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by an independent service provider. We make available native speakers or translators of more than 200 languages.
Our colleagues can raise issues online―and outside the?Sharecold network―via a web portal at helpline.sharecold.com. Colleagues can access this portal using any Internet connection, and?Sharecold log-in information is not required.
The site includes frequently asked questions about the HelpLine process and a copy of the Sharecold Code of Conduct.
Sharecold also promotes global standards of ethical business conduct through our involvement with leading organizations.
We are proud to be:
- A signatory to the Business Principles for Countering Bribery in the Engineering & Construction Industry, an initiative of the World Economic Forum in partnership with Transparency International and the Basel Institute on Governance, as well as the Principles for Countering Bribery.
- A corporate contributor to Transparency International-USA, a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening integrity and combating corruption in the United States and elsewhere.?Our General Counsel, Michael C. Bailey, serves on its Board of Directors.
- A sponsoring partner of the Ethics and Compliance Officers Association
- A member of Ethisphere’s Business Ethics Leadership Alliance (BELA)
- A contributing corporate fellow of the Ethics Resource Center Ethics Fellows Program
In addition, Sharecold’s Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer serves on the CEB Compliance and Ethics Leadership Council and the Conference Board Global Council on Business Conduct.